Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Peoples Pops: But Not My Kind of Pop



The other day I decided on a whim to head over to Chelsea Market and get a popsicle from People's Pops. Never trying one and  hearing such good reviews, I had to check it out.

Cute guy working the front? Check. 

 Weird rubberized popsicle mold displays? Check

Peach Tarragon Basil
I really, really, really wanted to like this. I really did. I just.... didn't.  I couldn't taste even the slightest hint of tarragon or basil and the peach was flavorless. You know when you think a peach is super ripe and bite into it and there is no juice or suppleness to it at all and it just seems like you are eating a scoop of mushy potato? Well, that it what it was like eating this. Except it was overly sweetened as well.  I actually threw it away. I never, ever throw away food. I am a human garbage disposal.  Sigh...

Price: $3.50
Verdict: I truly wanted to be a fan of their popsicles, perhaps I had tried the wrong flavor? I mean, I love there whole marketing package. Either way I left disappointed. Especially since I could have gotten a giant Jacques Torres chocolate chip cookie a couple of feet away  for a dollar less.

No comments:

Post a Comment