Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sweet Tooth: Cupcake Stop

 
Walking around Soho, I came across the Cupcake Stop, a food truck completely dedicated to yummy cupcakes! I had remembered that the day before, they were giving away free cupcakes and sadly, I missed the opportunity. Nevertheless, I was willing to pay and try one for their sweet treats.
Approaching the truck, this is how the dialogue went:
Me: "Do you guys have any baby red velvets?"
Nice Guy: "No, they are all sold out"
Me: "Weren't you guys giving out free cupcakes yesterday?"
Nice Guy:" Yeah, not today though"
Me: "Oh..okay then, well what do you suggest I pick?"

Nice Guy:" The Nutella Crunch is my favorite, we don't have any mini's of any flavor left though"
Me: Onion Icons <----with this face "ohh...."
Nice Guy: "Okay, I'll let you try one regular for free" and smiles
Me:MSN Onion Emoticon  "Wow, thank you so much!"
Nutella Crunch
This was surprisingly satisfying. The cake tasted like chocolate (though I am guessing they threw in some nutella in the mix, but I couldn't taste it). It was moist, dense, and able to withstand the force of my bites without crumbling. The frosting had a strong hazelnut flavor, and was thick, yet fluffy at the same time. To top it off, they threw in a piece of hazelnut as decoration!
Price: FREE! (for me) $2.25 regularly 
Verdict: I enjoyed my cupcake very much from here. After looking over their menu (which by the way, has over 50 different types of cupcakes), I am eager to come back and try more! Next time you are shopping in Soho and spot the truck, don't hesitate to give them a try. You can also order by the dozen at their online store!
The Cupcake Stop
Various Locations (follow them on twitter: http://twitter.com/CupcakeStop")
www.cupcakestop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment