Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dinner: Fiore


In Williamsburg there is a cute little italian place called Fiore, whenever Buddy and I don't feel like going back in the city for dinner, we always end up here. The atmosphere is what makes this place so welcoming and keeps us coming back.


Outside

The indoor seating, there is a really nice outdoor patio in the back!
Long Island Iced Tea
Usually I am not one to order these, but I was so sleepy, Buddy insisted we order them to wake us up. I thought...doesn't alcohol make you MORE sleepy? He reasoned...well there is SO much alcohol in these that it well make you super awake.  Umm...I'm not sure if this made any sense, but I was too tired to argue.
Okay, so this definitely woke me up, but not because if the alcohol. It woke me up because it tasted HORRIBLE. I am not a "tequila person", and all I tasted was tequila. Buddy seemed to only taste gin in his.  We were wincing after each sip, probably looking insane with muscle spasm problems to the people at other tables.  Red wine for me next time around!
Price: $10.00
Complimentary Bread
After our alcohol convulsions, bread finally came to our table to save us. This was nice crusty and crunchy bread. Satisfying when dipped in olive oil, and perfectly chewy and doughy.
Price: Free
Cozze Prezzemolate In Padella
These mussels were sauteed in a garlic parsley broth. The mussels themselves were tender, big and juicy. The broth however, was very watery and needed salt. This was my least favorite dish of the night, and rightfully so after Buddy referred to the taste and texture to that of a vagina. Nice, the Vagina Musselogues.



Price: $8.00

Pizza Al Formaggio E Pepe Nero



This was the classic margherita. It came 12 inches round and cut into rectangles.  The sauce was excellent, fresh, light and not too sweet. I loved that this was such a thin pizza and it had the perfect amount of basil. The only thing I disliked was the underbelly was not crisp enough and the pizza ended up very floppy. I wished they had kept this in the oven just a little longer to get that nice crunch.



Price: $9.00

Skirt Steak with Salsa Verde



This was a 10 oz steak and came with a side of broccoli rabe and potatoes. Buddy ordered this rare, and it came out perfectly. It was well seasoned and had pretty good marbling in the meat. The broccoli rabe was delicious, sauteed with garlic, it was tender and melted in my mouth with each bite. The potatoes were nice and crispy on the outside and starchy and soft on the inside. Mixed with rosemary, thyme and cracked pepper, it was a good companion to the steak.



Price: $17.00

Fedelini Ai Frutti Di Mare
 This dish was AWESOME. I had substituted linguine for fedelini, and was cooked al dente. The white fish, scallops, mussels and squid were cooked perfectly!  They were tender, chewy and well seasoned.  The sauce was my dream tomato sauce, light and incredibly fresh tasting; thick, and clung onto the pasta and seafood like lint on black pants. My favorite dish of the night.



Price: $15.00
Verdict: The service here was fantastic, and the back patio was so warm and inviting. Though I wouldn't travel from Manhattan to come here, if you are in the neighborhood, this is a nice place to rest and get a hardy meal. But remember my warning, Don't get : the long island iced tea. Do get: anything else. I will be back for sure to try their desserts and other pasta dishes!
Fiore
284 Grand Street
Brooklyn NY 11211

No comments:

Post a Comment