Monday, May 10, 2010

Quick Bite: Pretzel Depot


I love finding little special bakeries like this one. Just over the train tracks going through Spring City, this store is one of those "must stop" places.  I always come here whenever I'm home and visiting my parents. These pretzels are a great tasty carb filled treat.

The Outside View
The place is spacious with tables inside as well as benches and tables along the train tracks. Great to grab a bite, sit and chat outside on a nice breezy day.




The Pretzels
Taste: Nice and well salted, these egg yolk glazed pretzels pair perfectly with scallion or raspberry cream cheese, or even honey nut peanut butter. I am not a huge fan of mustard on pretzels and frankly I have know idea where that pairing even came from. I find that mustard is too strong of a flavor.
Texture:  You are lucky if you get them fresh from the oven. The outside has a thin crunchy skin and the inside is soft, hot and ultra light and fluffy. Its got a doughy chewiness, but not so much that its tough. These pretzels are by far my favorite in texture.
Price: $0.50 for 1 $3.00 for a dozen

Verdict: I definitely prefer these pretzels over Philly Soft Pretzel Factory (which I find way too doughy and tough). Actually, it is safe to say that these are the only pretzels I would eat. I have also tried their cinnamon sugar pretzel bagel; which is really fun to eat ( I do this by unraveling the roll until I hit the center, which is my favorite part!)  They also make breakfast and lunch sandwiches which is priced reasonably form 3-5 dollars.  I am very eager to try the rest of their twists, knots and sandwiches, so I will update you when I do : ). If you are passing through Spring City, don't forget to stop here!




Royersford Train Station
145 Main Street
Royersford, PA 19468
www.pretzeldepot.com


1 comment:

  1. Great photos - You're making me hungry! love the site - keep it up!
    xoxo
    momma m.

    ReplyDelete