Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lunch: No.7 Sub


After leaving the gym, my first intentions were to walk down from 38th street to Union Square and find some place to eat. However, my stomach was very impatient and started growling vigorously. Luckily I was walking past this place, and I remembered reading about their awesome hoagies (I'm from Philly so saying "sub" is just too insane for me to do). It was so nice out that I headed to Madison Square park to sit outside in the sunshine to eat it. My taste buds had know idea what I was in for.
Hungry people on their lunch break *photo from Ace Hotel, my camera accidentally erased my picture :(
Inside Ordering and Open Kitchen * photo from Zagat, again my camera erasing mishap. It was super busy when I went there ( 1 pm). The waiting area was pretty small but the design was chic and modern.
Panko Crusted Tofu Sub
Well thankfully my camera didn't erase this photo! This was about 10 inches long and it was with a garlic spread, pickled rhubarb, peas and micro greens. Wow. AMAZING. Literally all of my other senses stopped working and all I could do was savor every last morsel of this that I had in my mouth. It may be just one of the best hoagies I have ever eaten in my life, and that is saying a lot. The panko crusted tofu was so wonderfully crunchy and hardy- carnivores wouldn't even miss the meat. I loved the rhubarb, which threw out little surprises of tartness every so often. The peas added a fun textural element, popping with each bite. The big winner was the garlic spread. Creamy and not too much of it, and wasn't that horrible garlic powder flavor, but tasted like the actual thing. The bread was soft and held the other components together well.
Price: $9.00
Verdict: Though this place is10 blocks from my office, I just might have to take the trek down here every so often and try all of the different hoagies! They have house made sodas such as hibiscus ginger ale, and maple cream which also sound yummy . I learned that there is also a sit down restaurant in Fort Greene Brooklyn named No.7. If I am ever in that neighborhood I'll be sure to check it out.
No.7 Sub
1188 Broadway
New York, NY 10001

No comments:

Post a Comment