Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Lunch: Kesté Pizza & Vino



My friend Melissa and I decided to venture into Greenwich Village on day and check out this Neapolitan pizza place. I have read great things about this place, but also some reviews that said it was more of a "hype" than anything else. Since I am pretty picky about my pizza (being spoiled by living in Italy for a while) I had to see for myself.
The Outside *photo from Yelp
The Dining Area *photo from Yelp
The Stone Oven *photo from Yelp
Pizza Del Re
Taste: This pie was topped with fresh mozzarella, mushroom, prosciutto di parma, truffle spread, extra virgin olive oil.  This was a very rich pizza. I loved the nutty truffle flavor mixed with the mild undertone of the mushrooms. The prosciutto added just the right amount of saltiness. The dough was so flavorful. I could eat the crust by itself and be perfectly happy.
Texture: Wow,again the crust....it was perfectly charred, amazingly chewy, airy and doughy all at the same time. There was something special about this crust, I was in LOVE. The mozzarella was gooey and the proscuitto was tender and supple 
Price: $19.00 for a 10 inch pie
Pizza Del Papa
Taste: This pizza was topped with butternut squash cream, imported smoked mozzarella, artichoke, red and yellow peppers.  The peppers were so flavorful, perfectly roasted so all the natural flavors really came through.  The marinated artichokes packed a good punch, but not to over-powerful.  I really loved the butternut squash cream. It added a great creaminess to smoked mozzarella, and was super yummy when it bled into the crust!
Texture: Again, the crust was the winner here in the texture department. The peppers were tender and so were the artichokes.
Price: $16.00 for a 10 inch
Verdict: I can not wait to come back to this place! The pizzas I had were on the heavier side and I could only eat 1 slice of each ( there are 4 slices per pie). I definitely will be back to try their classic margherita pie. They have so many different kinds to offer as well as their gluten free pizzas (served only Monday's and Tuesday's) 

Kesté Pizza & Vino
271 Bleecker St
(between Morton St & Jones St) 
New YorkNY 10014
www.kestepizzeria.com

No comments:

Post a Comment