Saturday, May 29, 2010

Dinner: Totale

My friend Melissa and I were walking on our way to the usual sushi place to grab dinner, until I spotted this new restaurant. Artisanal pizza at Astor Place? Interesting.
Located between near cheesy head shops and 2 Bros 1 dollar pizza, they have a great deal going on, any margherita or marinara pie is only $5.75!
Spacious, with the oven in the back. 
The Margherita
 This was the classic, with mozzarella, basil, tomato, and a drizzle of olive oil. Usually cut in 4 pieces at other places, this was cut in 6. This was a nice sturdy slice, with a thicker base than Keste. The dough was lightly charred from the wood fired oven and was surprisingly delicious. I really enjoyed eating the crust, airy, light and chewy.  The sauce had a strong almost tart flavor, but still tasty. I wished they sprinkled a little more basil on the pie, we only got 3 pieces :(  
Price: $5.75 or $10.00 normally
Verdict: I actually liked this more that Co.'s margherita. For $5.75, this is a huge steal (especially because 2Bros pizza is pretty bad), hopefully this special goes on for a while. I am curious to try their other pizzas as well.
Totale Pizzeria
36 St. Marks Place
New York, NY 10003


No comments:

Post a Comment