Monday, August 31, 2009

My first blog... EVER.











Hmm... what did I eat this weekend you ask? Well of course I started off with doughnuts!



Classic Glazed
Taste: Soft, buttery, melt in you mouth. Each bite is airy, and the sweet glaze lingered in your mouth long after your first bite.
Texture: Smooth, with little bits of hardened glaze
Smell: An aroma only love handles could adore

Blueberry Filled with Vanilla Frosting
Taste: It was like biting into a sweet roll topped with classic blueberry pie filling. A little too sweet with the Vanilla frosting. The aftertaste of "fried" flavor was faintly apparent
Texture: A little chewy on the outer shell, and too doughy on the inside
Smell: Like baked blueberry pie. Yum.



Boston Creme with Chocolate Frosting
Taste: The classic Boston Creme. The filling was not too sweet, which balanced out the sweetness of the chocolate glaze.
Texture: Again, a little chewy on the outer shell, and too doughy on the inside, which actually seemed to meld well with the thick pudding like texture of the creme
Smell: Hershey's milk chocolate bar



Peach Filled
Taste: It was like eating a piece of fresh cut potato bread with peach jam
Texture: The doughnut shell on this one seemed to be more "bready" than the other filled doughnuts. There were apparent decent chunks of peaches. I wish they had filled the doughnut up more however.
Smell: Like someone sucking on a peach flavored Jolly Rancher

Verdict: Suzy-Jo's is a great addition to the Royersford community. I have always wanted to try their pastries and I am glad I did. Will definitely come back for more of their fun flavors (they have Peanut Butter Fluff!!). The quality of doughnuts surpassed ones of the Dutch Bakery and Dunkin Donuts. At $4.75 for half dozen, I say that is a pretty good deal. The classic glazed is still my favorite!
Suzy- Jo Donuts
http://www.kingofprussia.com/suzyjodonuts/
61 S Lewis Rd, Royersford, PA - (610) 792-5441
49 E 4th St, Bridgeport, PA - (610) 279-1350

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh I love Suzy-Jo's!!!!! Suzy-Jo and I have something in common.. we both originated from the same place and she missed me so much that she followed me to Royersford!! We used to get Suzy-Jo's all the time when I lived in Bridgeport!! :)
    Love, La

    ReplyDelete